Saturday, May 25, 2013

I am a dog and I have bone cancer! Today begins my story!

Hi, I am a 6 and half year old Great Pyrenees. I'm a great big fellow called Louie. I own Debby and April even though Debby is really the one I own exclusive. I've been living with Debby and April since I was five weeks old and I love them a lot. I also live with my brother Rufus, but he is older than I am.

I have OS, bone cancer and this is my story!

I live in the present so I will bring you up to what's been happening so far. I have had my front left leg amputated because I had bone cancer and damn it hurt and one day the bone broke. I was in so much pain and poor Debby just was beside herself as to what to do. I heard her on the phone with the receptionists at the vet telling her she thought I broke my leg. I was in such a fog of pain and I saw her waiting for the doctor and then I heard her hang up the phone all of a sudden.

April and Debby were crying and talking and trying to figure out what to do next and then I heard Debby crying. I hate it when she cries, she is so sad! I heard her say she didn't know what to do and if I would just give her a sign she would have them amputate my leg. I remember getting up and hopping across the room and nudging her to tell her everything would be alright.

Next day I was off to the vet and the nice Doctors at Northside Vet in San Bernardino, CA took care of me.

I am now a front amputee but that's ok. Lately though my back leg has been hurting and yesterday I had xrays and it might be that the bone cancer has settled into my leg. Guess we will be taking a trip to my favorite doctor, Dr Palmquist in Inglewood, Ca to see what he thinks.

Louie

No comments:

Post a Comment