Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 2, 2013 A new year, a new day and lots of resolutions!

Morning everyone. Well I actually got off my butt and took Rufus for a walk this morning. One of my New Years resolutions is to be healthier, you know, at 57, Menopause takes over and you start sitting on your ass and complaining about the aches and pains of everyday life which at this age, can be quite a few.

Talking about New Years Resolutions here are mine:


  • More exercise
  • Go to Gym
  • Quit complaining about health and exercise more
  • Eat better....I eat like a kid...all junk food, no vitamins
  • Take pain meds when I hurt.....I don't like to take pain meds but I am tired of suffering. Even when I had my tooth pulled, well the first one, considering I had two pulled in the last 4 weeks, I didn't take a Motrim and suffered. STUPID THING TO DO! So yes I resolved to take an aspirin or Motrim once in a while when needed. Little less suffering is better for the mind.
  • Acupuncture...yep time to go back
  • Lose weight...goal....10 lbs
  • Find things to laugh at. Yep that's a weird one huh? Well, I feel like I don't laugh like I used to and it' time!
  • Stop the nagging....April and I seem to get at each other lately.....time to stop that!
and I will add to the list as I go on. I did make a vision board this year. I am not done with it yet but it's cool. For those of you who don't know what they are, you get a corkboard and cut out pics from mags or print out ones in your pics collection and add them to the board. They represent the things you want to do or have or receive for the year. It's very inspiring and helps you NOT forget your New Years promises to yourself.

Well enough about that...go get yourself a board and try it you will get the hang of it.

By the way, Dad and Mom were over yesterday and April's Mom and brother Rick for dinner. Here's some pics of the sauerkraut dinner April and I cooked. It was a great time and a great way to spend the first day of the year.











No comments:

Post a Comment